1. Join Date
    Aug 2014

Archexteriors vol. 24 Scene 1 - Driveway Bricks

Hi All,

This is regarding a purchase I made for ArchExteriors 24. There doesnt seem to be a Forum catagory for exteriors so I hope its OK for me to post this here...

Scene 1 of this package is a housing development scene which can also be purchased here: http://www.evermotion.org/modelshop/...24/11488/0/0/0

What I want to know is how the author made the pollys for the driveways? I'm refering to the zigzag tiled brickwork. I assume its something similar to floor generator?

Does anyone know? Or know how I can create this myself?

Cheers

Alex
  2. Join Date
    Aug 2014

Are these forums dead? If so can someone link me to an active 3ds max community I can't seem to find one anywhere on the web :S
  3. Join Date
    Aug 2014

Tumble weed rolls on years later.. Still no signs of life on this desolate forum, losing hope, if anybody reads this message please reach me.
    Last edited by Alex-V17; 2016-03-02 at 03:32 PM.
  4. Join Date
    Aug 2014

Its been 4 years! I need to shave my beard and reintroduce myself to civilization.

I've decided to do it manually one brick at a time, this is what I have so far:
    yellow-brick-road-4.jpg

Hopefully in 4 more years I'll be finished. Can't wait to show everyone the results.
  5. Join Date
    Jul 2017

Hi Alex,

I have no clue how the author made it, but it's easily done with Floor Generator 2.0 (new pattern options) or something like Railclone (tutorials on their own channel on Youtube).

I've done it myself for the exact same pattern with FG, but do take note that it might be better to cut the surface up in several pieces. It doesn't really like doing 10000+ bricks in one go.

Lastly, since your road is bent, add either a bend modifier or distribute along a spline.
You need to be logged in to leave a comment. You don't have account? Register now.
Best of Evermotion
The best works from the Forum Gallery picked by Evermotion staff