Page 1 of 2 12 2 | LAST
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2004

House O - Jun Igarashi Architects

Hello

I would like to introduce my recently finished personal project visualization of the House O - Jun Igarashi Architects. I've decided to keep previous assumptions started by Matsubara project House in Matsubara - Ken’ichi Otani Architects. My main goal was again to check entire possibilities a new version of NextLimit Maxwell renderer software. I was trying to achieve realistic mood with simple but interesting for me modern building of the japan architecture. I was playing with light, mood, weather and season. Every details of the whole scenes were created in 3D. I done final touch in 2D like colour corrections, contrast, final colour mood. I worked on that project about three months. All scenes were rendered from one to four PC machines. I know that many effects like steam, fog motion blur falling leaves for example it's simple to make with postproduction but as I said before I wanted to make all of those effects in pure 3d scene. There are a few workflow details below:

- most of terrain materials have a displacements ( ground, tarmac, kerbs, pavement )
    - every moving objects like flying insects, falling leaves were made as moving objects and rendered with Maxwell object motion blur option. This part of my work was very interesting experience
    - diffraction, fog, steam and volumatrics were rendered by Maxwell. Only few little glow effects ( expecially on last image ) I made by maxwell too.
    - DOF - Maxwell
    - most models taken from Evermotion, Viz People and CGAxis 3D collections

Software used: Modo 701, Cinema R15, Maxwell 3.0, Photoshop, Lightroom, Red Giant Looks.

Please watch a short film below which shows few scenes from that project .
    Thank you for viewing!

Best regards
    Neb

Attached Thumbnails
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	140.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	121801

Last edited by Neb; 2014-07-10 at 10:42 AM.
  2. Join Date
    May 2007

Another masterpiece. Nothing to criticize, SO MUCH to learn from. One can almost feel the rain and smell the earth. BRAVO!
  3. Join Date
    Dec 2013

woaa congrats
  4. Join Date
    Feb 2010

good mood too.
    large tree lacks realism, remaining perfect.
    I love your mood too. thanks!
  5. Join Date
    Jul 2008

OMG

it must be awarder right now )

cheers
  6. Join Date
    Apr 2010

amzing work...........i like the colors , effects & lights congrats
  7. Join Date
    Dec 2004

Another amazing work Neb! Nothing else to say! Congrats!
    Last edited by annkos1980; 2014-07-10 at 05:37 PM.
  8. Join Date
    Jun 2004

Thank you very much for nice and inspiring comments. Thanks for front for Evermotion Team!
  9. Join Date
    Apr 2009

Woah! Cool set you got here!
    Loved the moods and lighting, especially the lighting feel of nightfinal.jpg, the fog and light just came out perfect.
    Never worked in maxwell before, but this inspired me to give it a try!
  10. Join Date
    Feb 2006

Stunning work!
    Very well composed and believable atmospheres. Maxwell's DOF and lens flares seems pretty good.
    Your work inspires us to think different, good luck!
  11. Join Date
    Jan 2011

HI Neb

Awesome work

just want to know something how do you display your trees like that in c4d ?

REGARDS
    mouton
  12. Join Date
    Mar 2008

WOW..the details are perfect..the effects..are perfect...method and approach to reach the outputs perfect....then why the hell is this not in "best of" already?

you deserve it man...have seen your work from initial days..you have come really far.all the best and keep inspiring.
  13. Join Date
    Jun 2006

Awesome Renders, very realistic indeed. Truly inspiring.
    To Nitpick, I would say the broom should have been less saturated green (maybe little muddy?)...Nevertheless the scenes are brilliant.
    Keep coming.
  14. Join Date
    Jun 2008

very good work, congratulations
  15. Join Date
    Oct 2011

Firstly, utterly amazing work incredible realism. I was wondering if you could share some information about how you made that black wood material. I understand you used Maxwell, but I think maybe I could learn something from it to take over to Vray.
  16. Join Date
    Mar 2007

Amazing work ! The mood is beautiful !

Btw what kind of light did u use for the night render ? Also could u give a small explanation about the fog too ?

Keep going !
  17. Join Date
    Jun 2004

So many nice words from you. Thanks!
    mcp - I guess that you asking about cinema scene preview window. Big trees and medium bushes are exist into my scenes as maxwell xref objects. You can choose how they are visible - like boundix boxes or points. In making of animation they are like visible as points with green color. Thats all.
    tman5487 - thx! Building facades are painted metal not wood. I modeled bumpy stripes as 3d and set main color material. After that I add dirt textures and use them also to mask reflection channel in right areas.
    Trikatelles - I was playing with maxwell light intensity system. I set main hdr sky light and a few plane objects as emitters with different colors. Fog was a great maxwell volumetric option and that effect was rendered. Please stay tuned I'm goimg to post short film today about that.
  18. Join Date
    May 2010

I am speechless. we need some hint on the road generation. The grain of the asphalt is so realistic. full of particles!
  19. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Really nice work ! Great details. Love it.
  20. Join Date
    Jul 2014

this is a realy beautiful work, and i realy enjoy it. keep going on!
You need to be logged in to leave a comment. You don't have account? Register now.
Page 1 of 2 12 2 | LAST
Best of Evermotion
The best works from the Forum Gallery picked by Evermotion staff