1. Join Date
    Apr 2009

The FireFly Cottage - 3dsmax Vray - Case study.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Forest-cottage-3d-exterior-nightcrop-copy.jpg 
Views:	2035 
Size:	718.5 KB 
ID:	120562

Name:	Forest-cottage-3d-exterior_up.jpg 
Views:	1840 
Size:	1,007.2 KB 
ID:	120563

Name:	sofa-top-crop-copy.jpg 
Views:	1576 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	120564Click image for larger version. 

Name:	garden-tight-copy_up.jpg 
Views:	1235 
Size:	745.8 KB 
ID:	120565Click image for larger version. 

Name:	garden2 copy.jpg 
Views:	1053 
Size:	360.2 KB 
ID:	120566Click image for larger version. 

Name:	garden tight 02 copywm copy.jpg 
Views:	1016 
Size:	306.7 KB 
ID:	120567Click image for larger version. 

Name:	top_01_up.jpg 
Views:	1400 
Size:	635.1 KB 
ID:	120568Click image for larger version. 

Name:	light-and-pot-shot_.jpg 
Views:	1018 
Size:	638.3 KB 
ID:	120569Click image for larger version. 

Name:	light_up.jpg 
Views:	1089 
Size:	938.7 KB 
ID:	120570Click image for larger version. 

Name:	collage-night.jpg 
Views:	1112 
Size:	941.0 KB 
ID:	120571Click image for larger version. 

Name:	collage-1_up.jpg 
Views:	779 
Size:	887.2 KB 
ID:	120572Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Front2-copy_up.jpg 
Views:	1065 
Size:	567.1 KB 
ID:	120573
    Hi All,
    Presenting you some renders from a personal work, which I started long time back.(and still working on during my free time) to study new techniques and to test out different styles of lighting, texturing, landscaping and post-production.
    Appreciate / Follow at @Behance : http://bit.ly/ROvcSq

I once had a dream, of millions of fireflies/lightning-bugs, lighting up all around my house, I fancied them to be stars that took life and came down from the skies spreading all around my home... Here I tried to recreate the same dream in 3d and photoshop. And for improving/testing my photoshop skills, I decided to render a day scene in 3d and convert it to night using photoshop. Here I used the same base render for the day and night shots.

Inspiration of location and cottage model is from my various journeys through the mountain ranges of the Himalayas. The amazing places and pine forests I travelled through, those fairytale style houses where I stayed as a guest. Apparently I was falling in love with mountains, especially Himalayas.
    Then I researched about this style of architecture, learned more about storybook or folkloric style and English Tudor style . After collecting various references from internet, I did some speed modeling as I am not really into modelling. [I am more into other aspects of 3d and post.]
    So I decided this will be my kind of dream house. It will be surrounded by pine trees and the lawn grass manicured and maintained as in parks, so that it will give me a mixed feel of the forest and that of a well maintained landscape. The cottage is made of natural rocks which would be available locally. And I decided not to disrupt the terrain much, by keeping it as it is, the cottage will fit the topography, unlike the otherway around.

Characteristics:
    Green Building. Mix of Mountain cottages, storybook style, folkloric, and English Tudor style .Cross-gabled,pitched roof, with clipped gables.Gabled, enclosed entry with roof. Natural rock stone siding. Victorian style Porch Railing - Rectangular Balusters but in wood. Chimney with chimney pots. Small-paned bands of casement windows. Wooden deck / balcony.

Making/ Day to night conversion:

Credits:
    I used some stone textures from Arroway collection and cgtextures, Mixed them in Photoshop for the siding of cottage.
    Two pine trees from evermotion. And Xoio Textures for the barks of pine trees.
    The laubwerk Plumeria rubra,and some plants from icube.

Thankyou
    All renders are available in highres.
    ifthikhar.an@gmail.com
    Last edited by Ifthikhar; 2014-06-11 at 02:02 PM.
  2. Join Date
    Mar 2009

great images man really well done
  3. Join Date
    Dec 2004

Great work !!!

That is a lot of work!! Congratulations!! you deserve it!!!
  4. Join Date
    Jun 2006

Renders are all good...Great going!
    One thing noticed was the roof ends need fascia, and there are few dark gaps between roof tiles.
  5. Join Date
    Jul 2006

Congrats for the front page editors choice. Loved your renders and idea behind it.
    I think you need to work more on choice of textures. Roof textures do not go with each other and so as the wall textures.
    Overall post work is good. I loved the night render compared to the day renders as it goes close to your dream.
    Keep working and all the best to you.
  6. Join Date
    Apr 2009

Quote:
    Originally posted by: eyadabusoud
    great images man really well done
    Thanks a lot

Quote:
    Originally posted by: anshumansinghr
    That is a lot of work!! Congratulations!! you deserve it!!!
    Thankyou boss! your support and encouragement was a big help!

Quote:
    Originally posted by: d-neo
    Renders are all good...Great going!
    One thing noticed was the roof ends need fascia, and there are few dark gaps between roof tiles.
    Thankyou ! and thanks for pointing it out agree roof have some issues. as said, modelling is not my area of expertise

Quote:
    Originally posted by: coolpranz
    Congrats for the front page editors choice. Loved your renders and idea behind it.
    I think you need to work more on choice of textures. Roof textures do not go with each other and so as the wall textures.
    Overall post work is good. I loved the night render compared to the day renders as it goes close to your dream.
    Keep working and all the best to you.
    Thanks a lot for your time
    Agree with you!
    But i decided not to make those normal finished houses as there is no client restrictions, but i missed the roof support as d-neo pointed above. Also the traditional homes/cottages I saw in mountains was having roof with mix colored tiles.
    Overall idea was to get a rough look, and to create the siding and roof from old/reused/natural/locally available items.

Thanks again!

This is what i love about evermotion!
  7. Join Date
    Jan 1970

Renders are many but Concepts are few !!! Great job Ifhti. Have seen how much effort and time you have given to this. Seriously, the renders are good.
  8. Join Date
    Oct 2009

nice concept and the framing of the scene is perfect. you nailed the fantasy mood on this image.
  9. Join Date
    Apr 2009

Quote:
    Originally posted by: rajiv1301
    Renders are many but Concepts are few !!! Great job Ifhti. Have seen how much effort and time you have given to this. Seriously, the renders are good.
    Thankyou Rajiv

Quote:
    Originally posted by: cgdigi
    nice concept and the framing of the scene is perfect. you nailed the fantasy mood on this image.
    Thanks a lot cgdigi
  10. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Gr8 Job ifthikhar,it good to see more of Indian artist making there marks on the global platform.really like your work buddy,love the details and hard work you have put into this marvelous piece of art.
  11. Join Date
    Oct 2011

great work
  12. Join Date
    Apr 2009

Quote:
    Originally posted by: rohitarora
    Gr8 Job ifthikhar,it good to see more of Indian artist making there marks on the global platform.really like your work buddy,love the details and hard work you have put into this marvelous piece of art.
    Thankyou Rohit knocking down one by one

Quote:
    Originally posted by: aamirart
    great work
    Thanks Aamir, Always admired your work
  13. Join Date
    Oct 2010

jood job great renders..
  14. Join Date
    Apr 2009

Quote:
    Originally posted by: cihatozfe
    jood job great renders..
    Thankyou
  15. Join Date
    Jun 2011

great work man.....very inspirational.
  16. Join Date
    Jan 1970

Excellent....... details render effect
  17. Join Date
    Apr 2009

Quote:
    Originally posted by: amit3dviz
    great work man.....very inspirational.
    Thankyou Amit

Quote:
    Originally posted by: architect.aliqais
    Excellent....... details render effect
    Thanks a lot Aliqais
  18. Join Date
    Apr 2009

You need to be logged in to leave a comment. You don't have account? Register now.
Best of Evermotion
The best works from the Forum Gallery picked by Evermotion staff