Page 1 of 2 12 2 | LAST
  1. Join Date
    May 2007

Cityscape Icons

Dear All,

Cityscape Icons is a project that comprises of two different design setups in which i represent the subject of the icon buildings atop a cityscape realm.

The project approaches different point of views through the cityscape where the buildings affects the cityscape topology and gets affected by it, It catches a special moments in a city life, when you can see and feel all cityscape elements, construction, towers, buildings, roads, trucks, people,ships etc....

The Harbor Service Building aims to become not only a gateway, but also a destination, a metropolitan space for public use and access to the waterfront. Its mass creates a hybrid of typologies. Atop the urban podium sits a contorted crystal, connected by a large atrium. The podium allows for a new harbor park with expansive views towards the City and its harbor. A diamond- shaped depression within the podium anchors the building in the site, articulating the fork at the corner where site directionalities diverge. In contrast to the more stationary podium, the coiling mass containing the harbor offices is orientated to the most important directions of the site with hovering projections. The coiling of the tower creates a partially enveloped central plaza between the offices, which is articulated by a rusticated facade treatment, producing a distinct sense of cavernous interiority. Like a large amethyst geode, the monolithic nature of the exterior mass contrasts with the extremely ornate environment.

The visual design is meant to compliment and celebrate the core concepts of the project, while highlighting its key features and representing it with a real sense of spaces/locations/site/details and design.

Softwares used
    Autocad, 3dmax, vray, Photoshop,
    Ghost town plugin helped a lot to create the cityscape topologies and cause i used the lit version so i just kept some of the base buildings in the background.

Hope you like it .

In collaboration with Jimmy Vincent

Open the link for full res
    http://imageshack.com/a/img834/2113/u925g.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img844/1318/rz19.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img842/673/xmx1.jpg

Black and white for backgrounds

http://imageshack.com/a/img842/3375/xt90o.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img841/7235/rhia4.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img844/5618/0eamv.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img837/2461/rm1h.jpg

Best regards
    Karim Moussa
    Bazooka
    Attached Thumbnails
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rise in the city-day.jpg 
Views:	3597 
Size:	818.8 KB 
ID:	120202

Last edited by BAZOOKA; 2014-06-06 at 12:32 PM.
  2. Join Date
    Feb 2010

omg best work pro.
  3. Join Date
    Feb 2013

amazing, I could not believe my eyes
  4. Join Date
    Sep 2013

I would like to see a little bit more details on you images.. Good stuff!

btw... Now I realized something after I saw the highres versions! The floor tiles on the last image. I know it...
  5. Join Date
    Feb 2007

Amazing!!!Choice!!!
  6. Join Date
    May 2007

Thanks very much for the comments i really appreciate it,
    Thanks very much Evermotion Guys for the Best of Award it is such a great prize

We have been always learning quite a lot from the evermotion forums so thanks for it.

Best regards
    Karim
  7. Join Date
    May 2007

Outstanding ya Karim
  8. Join Date
    Jan 2014

good work! really it's a piece of art
    the best work

Regards
    Basem
  9. Join Date
    Jul 2011

Awesome! Congratulations for The Best Of Evermotion!
  10. Join Date
    Oct 2011

lovely work
  11. Join Date
    Oct 2008

Amazing work my friend I liked it a lot. I think another award is waiting for you
    Last edited by M-Keshta; 2014-06-07 at 03:19 AM.
  12. Join Date
    Sep 2009

being a while since your last job . great one
    how much it took to model everything can u talk more about the process
  13. Join Date
    May 2007

Thanks very much my dear friends, i really appreciate all your amazing comments, i am happy that you liked it,

Hassan regarding the process, i have to say it was a little bit of heavy duty scenes, i tried from the beginning to distribute the scenes into several xref scenes probably up to 16, and also it was mandatory to use vray proxies for the cars, trees, roof accessories, street landscape and light elements models, even some of the buildings, i started off with a very base model almost just boxes to choose the point of views, and set up a rough preliminary scene, then i started to detail and design each bit.

I had modeled some buildings from scratch, some others was a hybrid models from my old assets that i have remodeled and modified, some basic models was extracted from google earth and mapped, some was ready models.

In the Harbour building project it helped a lot to use the ghost town plugin for the city, i started using it to lay off the base city topology and randomized heights and plots in just some minutes u can create a really big city but then as i was using the lit version which is very low poly and non-detailed i started to replace these closer to camera with highly detailed models and left the ones far away from the camera with its original state but with the textures and maps modified.

But overall it definitely took quite a lot of effort and patience to be able to finalize everything up to the standard and the detail level that i wanted to achieve this cityscape varied elements and components detailed look, making it more believable

It took some time to be able to finish, its really hard to say how much cause i have worked on them late nights and weekends after i finish my daily work at the office, so it probably took several month but just some hours here and there in some days.

Let me know if this explanation helped, and if anything is unclear or you need further explanation please let know

Best regards
    Karim Moussa
    Bazooka
  14. Join Date
    Jul 2008

Congratulations Karim, You did it again, Simply Wonderful !!
  15. Join Date
    Oct 2005

great man made great work .. congrate ...
  16. Join Date
    May 2007

Amazing Work Karim,very Inspiring indeed!!
  17. Join Date
    Jul 2008

Congratulations .. awesome Karim
  18. Join Date
    May 2007

Excellent work Karim! Big fan as always!
    I admire you still find the strenght to push things even outside of office.
    See you soon!
    P
  19. Join Date
    Aug 2009

just amazing bazooka :-)
  20. Join Date
    Jun 2014

Very Nice render,well done
You need to be logged in to leave a comment. You don't have account? Register now.
Page 1 of 2 12 2 | LAST
Best of Evermotion
The best works from the Forum Gallery picked by Evermotion staff