1. Join Date
    Feb 2012

nox scenes crash issue

i've installed the latest nox v 0.41 on 3dsmax 2008 32 bit, it installed it successfully, I can create and render a nox scene completely fine however when I try to open a nox saved scene I encounter a crash, does any body know what could cause that to happen?
    (maybe its something to do with a framework or a redistributable not installed properly or missing...?)

another issue I have is that the effects of Nox are not working at all (bloom, dof, fog etc...)
    im enabling them in the effects tab trying different values but nothing appears to change the image stays the same, am I missing something here?
  2. Join Date
    Jul 2007

Fake DOF and Effects tab stuff (bloom etc.) has to be manually run by Apply changes button. They are connected - both tabs settings are applied at once... and still it won't last forever, any other post/correction tab refresh will lose that effects. It has to be run manually every time you change anything.

If I undestand you correctly you can run NOX application alone and it crashes only in specific scene conditions? If so, could you share that scene for debugging purpose?

Out of topic... It drives me crazy that 'stay logged on' feature does not work for me and I have to log to this forum every few hours. Someday dark side of force will take me over and I'll kill someone I guess.
  3. Join Date
    Feb 2012

now I get it, hmm it seems that the apply changes button was grayed out and i figured out it actually does work when the render is stopped I can then press that button which was hidden thanks! all of the effects are now working.
    (it used to apply the effects right away in previous versions if I remember correctly)

as for the crash problem it appears to happen on every nox related scene that I saved before and that I try to open in max.. its odd
    so nox itself (the renderer) can run a render just fine but as soon as i will try and open a scene that got saved using nox materials and/or nox camera and all of the nox related stuff it crashes every time..
    I think its something to do with my nox setup rather than the saved scene
    (manage attachments window wont let me upload a max scene I get invalid file message)
    Last edited by evermotionNOXrenderUser; 2014-02-25 at 08:13 PM.
  4. Join Date
    Jul 2007

Oh that .... nox plugin 0.41 for max lost compatibility with previous version and scene saved with prev version will no load. You can try to merge scene, but some stuff may be lost.
  5. Join Date
    Feb 2012

Quote:
    Originally posted by: marchewa
    Oh that .... nox plugin 0.41 for max lost compatibility with previous version and scene saved with prev version will no load. You can try to merge scene, but some stuff may be lost.
    no I dont think this is a problem of a version incompatibility, the thing is that I use the same version of nox (V0.41) in the same 3dsmax version (2008) to save and then trying/attempting to open it but its just wouldnt work, what do I do wrong ive no idea?
  6. Join Date
    Jul 2007

It looks like you were right. There is (or was) a bug. Will be fixed with next update... very soon.
  7. Join Date
    Feb 2012

Quote:
    It looks like you were right. There is (or was) a bug. Will be fixed with next update... very soon.
    allright then ill be waiting for that update, thanks for the help again!
  8. Join Date
    Jul 2007

I think it should work now with version 0.42
  9. Join Date
    Feb 2012

Quote:
    I think it should work now with version 0.42
    yes! now it can load Nox scenes thanks!
You need to be logged in to leave a comment. You don't have account? Register now.
Best of Evermotion
The best works from the Forum Gallery picked by Evermotion staff