1. Join Date
    Jun 2012

Archmodels - how to use files

I'm new to C4D. Mainly use Sketchup. I loaded C4D AR and C4D Vray files into C4D app and none of therm render. Can you please tell me what is wrong?
  2. Join Date
    Mar 2010

We need more details about your problem:
    - your version of Cinema 4D (and V-ray plugin if you have it),
    - which collection you use?
    - how do you open the files?
    - a screen of your render settings.
  3. Join Date
    Jun 2012

Hi there
    I'm on version 14 of C4D
    Maxwell plugin, noy Vray.
    Not sure which files I should be opening in C4D. The Vray files ask me for the Vray plug, which I don't have and I don't know what the other C4D folder (C4D_AR) refers to.
    I double click on any of the C4D files and C4D opens them.
  4. Join Date
    Mar 2010

Hi,
    We don't prepare our models for Maxwell renderer, but you can use "AR" files which are for default Cinema 4D renderer - Advanced Render.
    Is there any error message when you open AR files?
  5. Join Date
    Jun 2012

Errors on the AR files.
  6. Join Date
    Jun 2012

Do I need to place the textures folders inside the AR files folder?
  7. Join Date
    Jun 2012

Are the AR files the ones I should be loading into C4D? Should I be able to then export these as 3DS files for use in Sketchup, or do you perhaps have the files already in 3DS format?
  8. Join Date
    Mar 2010

Yes, you should load AR files into C4D and you can export it to 3ds files. There is a list of available formats on every collection page, so you can check if your volume includes 3ds files.
  9. Join Date
    Jun 2012

Hi Martta, thanks for explaining 'AR'. Can you please explain why C4D won't render them. Is it because the textures are in the wrong place? Can you tell me where the textures should be in relation to the AR files? I would imagine they should stay in their folder and their folder should reside in the AR folder. Is that correct?
    C4D doesn't ask me to locate the textures - it just tells me there is an error. Frustrating!
  10. Join Date
    Jun 2012

Here is a screenshot of AM126 001 when opened in C4D. The AR file. The textures are in their own folder, nested in the AR folder. What should I do?Screenshot 2014-01-15 12.47.13.jpg
  11. Join Date
    Mar 2010

Hello,
    Please follow this instruction:
    http://www.evermotion.org/files/uplo..._Paths_C4D.jpg
    Regards,
    Marta
  12. Join Date
    Jun 2012

Many thanks, Marta.
  13. Join Date
    Jun 2012

Is there a PDF of plants list - a table of contents? Model description as well as number would be very useful. If I want a Miscanthus, I can look up the name and don't have to memorise its number.
  14. Join Date
    Mar 2010

Unfortunately there are no plants names in the pdf of this collection, only the models numbers with renders: http://www.evermotion.org/files/pdf/...ls_vol_126.pdf
    But you can download renders folder from your Customer Zone, names of pictures include plants species.
  15. Join Date
    Jun 2012

Perfect!! Thanks Marta.
You need to be logged in to leave a comment. You don't have account? Register now.
Best of Evermotion
The best works from the Forum Gallery picked by Evermotion staff